BANANA OAT NUTELLA SWIRL MUFFINS
Need a quick, easy, and healthy snack for your post-workouts? Or perhaps you just need breakfast on the go. These banana oat Nutella swirl muffins will give you the fibre, energy and just a little bit of sweetness you need to satisfy your stomach and your taste buds. They’re incredibly easy to make while also leaving the house smelling amazing.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, oats, white sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda.
- In a stand mixer, beat together the egg, milk, oil, vanilla essence and mashed banana until well combined.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir until ingredients are incorporated.
- Line your muffin tin with cases, or lightly grease them with butter.
- Divide batter evenly into 12.
- Add a dollop of Nutella on top. Using a knife or skewer, create swirls and gently mix the cake batter and Nutella together.
- Bake at 190 degrees s for 15-17 minutes. They should be a nice golden colour on top and springy to touch.
- 256g plain flour
- 128g oats
- 50g caster sugar
- 100g brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 120ml cup milk
- 60ml cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 small mashed bananas – or 2-3 large bananas